Sunday, December 12, 2010

Unrefined shea butter for hair

While using African Shea Butter the other day, I could not help but notice the feel of the shea butter and the way it absorbed in my hair. This particular shea butter is 100 percent and unrefined pure shea butter that was a little stiff. As I dug out some of the shea on to my finger tips, it had an almost creamy consistency. As I applied it to my hair, it coated my hair.

Let me go on to say that this shea butter is not only used for the hair, it has other uses as well. These uses include improving muscle relaxation and stiffness, sunscreen, treats spots on the skin and treats dry skin. So, there are a lot of uses for unrefined pure shea butter. Also, it contains a fatty acid and is yellowish in color.
While researching about shea butter, I learned that shea butter comes from a nut of a shea tree which initially was found in Africa. Hey didn't they say nuts and berries are good for your hair :).

Well initially with the shea butter my hair was soft but it was still dry. I heard that shea butter could be used for water proofing (don't know if that is true). But if it is that would explain when I kept applying water to my hair it seemed as if the shea butter was acting like a barrier against the water. So I applied some other oils to my hair so that my hair could be moisturized.

This was the first time I have used 100 percent natural unrefined shea butter on my hair. Do you use shea butter? How does it work on your hair?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm glad you like it! I loooove shea butter! It is my favorite product for sealing my ends. I also use it on my belly. One day I ran out of cocoa butter and read the tub of my shea butter. Apparently, its properties are superior to cocoa butter. I now love it on my hair and skin.

    ReplyDelete